Is This The Trip For You?
Next scheduled trip
Wonderful Women 13
Costa Rica/Nicaragua Combo Adventure with Ann Becker
Is this the right trip for you?
I have YOU in mind as I carefully hand-pick every aspect of this tour. I meet all the guides and visit each location before putting together this itinerary. However, let’s make sure this is the right adventure for you by reading through the information below first. If you have any questions or concerns at all, get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-339-2634.
What should you expect?
- Fun, active, curious and open-minded female traveling companions of different ages, diverse walks of life, and geographic locations.
- The “glass is half full, not half empty” attitudes and outlooks.
- A different roommate at each destination. Roommate assignments are made to facilitate healthy group dynamics and create opportunities for connections and friendships that might not be made otherwise.
- This trip requires overall good health, good physical condition and a willingness to experience different cultures, customs and ecosystems, which involves “out of the ordinary” activities. You’ll need to be up for that sort of challenge.
- You’ll see beautiful and diverse flora and fauna of all sorts.
- We will be walking, hiking and undertaking other outdoor activities in a range of climates: from temperate to hot and humid.
- There will be moments of emotional and physical intensity, along with optional adventures such as zip lining, kayaking, bird walks and rainforest massage.
- This trip is an early-to-bed, early-to-rise kind of experience.
You’ll have a two-night stay with a host family in a rural community that is Spanish-speaking. You are not required to be able to speak Spanish, but have to be up for the challenge of making yourself understood and communicate with your lovely family and others along the way in any way you can.
Smiles, gestures and pictures have all worked with travelers on past tours.
Accommodation and Food
- The host family’s house will be simple, clean, and comfortable. Participants will share a bathroom (running water, not always hot) with the host family and eat some meals with the family.
- When not with a family, you’ll stay in comfortable small to mid-size eco lodges and hotels with private baths and hot water.
- Food is typically plentiful with fresh local cuisine (lots of plantains, beans and rice, and when available, fresh fruits and vegetables). Choices are occasionally limited.
- All efforts to accommodate vegetarians and other dietary needs will be made, but some flexibility may be required. If you have special needs, you must advise Ann in advance.
Transportation and Transfer Times
- Bus and other transport sometimes on mountainous, bumpy and slow-going roads.
- Travel times that can be unpredictable.
- Patience and a “go with the flow” attitude are essential.
- Temperate and tropical climates ranging from chilly evenings to hot and humid.
- The weather can be unpredictable and shift without warning. It might rain, even though it is dry season.
What should you NOT expect?
- Air conditioned rooms at each location.
- Modern, pristine bathrooms (e.g. toilets) at every “pit stop” along the way.
- Guaranteed daily phone and internet connectivity.
- Need for high fashion attire.
- Absolutely everything going exactly as planned.
In order to fully enjoy this trip, you will need a commitment to look, listen, feel and appreciate the riches of the road and all that Costa Rica and the “Wonderful Women” have to offer.
Send me an email to find out more about registering for this trip: email@example.com.